Thursday, 22 March
Week three for Daiz has gone pretty well.
- On Monday, we learned why it is important not to sit on Mommy when she’s home sick from work. It makes her already laboured-due-to-allergies breathing even worse when your boney heiney is on her lungs.
- On Tuesday, we learned not to run underneath Hunky when he is going out the back door. He will eventually move if we are patient, and lifting him a foot off the ground while he’s trotting only serves to make him cross.
- On Wednesday, we learned LOTS of things. We learned that if Jeany eats poo in the backyard Mommy brushes EVERYONE’S teef. We learned that taking the glass that Mommy had tea in that she left on the coffee table to a dog bed is not the smartest idea we’ve ever had. Further, we learned that if Mommy is asleep on the couch and we step on her windpipe in an effort to snuggle up as close as possible to her she turns a very interesting shade of purple.
- Today we learned about the BROILER. When Mommy has something yummy under the BROILER we should not put our noses anywhere near it. Mommy says that if we do, it becomes a BROIL-HER and that it will hurt a lot. Also, we learned that sitting in the chair and a half that Mommy sits in WITH Mommy will make her get up and move to the sofa, therefore giving us more room to stretch.
Other random things we’ve learned this week:
- Pot holders are not toys.
- Mommy’s pants are not toys.
- The cat is not a toy and can get very cross.
- Noses and tongues go in water bowls but back feet do not because then they sliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide across the kitchen and create a pond.
- When Mommy leaves the house she always comes back, or at least she has so far. We’re not sure when she comes home and then goes right back out again, like to a place called the post box.
- Jeany does not like to be bounced on, nor does she like having Daisy’s mouth around her nose.
- Hunky does not like having Daisy’s mouth around his nose but will tolerate that longer than Jeany.
- It is not a good idea to body slam Hunky OR Jeany when one wants attention from Mommy.
Daisy…I still look at her sometimes and have to pinch myself that she’s real…
Friday, 30 March
Week Four was a little better than three…
- When you put together a bookshelf, make sure that you’ve collected all the little plastic pieces and put them away when you’re done. If you don’t, your Leelo Baby will eat them but then give them back in a nice puddle all over the living room carpet.
- If you are running late, give up the ghost. Your Leelo Baby will sense that you are in a hurry and absolutely refuse to enter her crate without being picked up and tossed.
- We have sort of learned that stuffy toys do not live in the backyard. Sort of.
- Daisy and Mills are tolerating each other. Mills likes to stare her down and back her up by putting his ears back and puffing up his tail.
- Daisy is just as good as Jeany at helping me clean up cat vomit.
- There is absolutely NOTHING better than being half asleep at 6am, letting the dogs outside, and seeing Daisy dance around the yard with her tennis ball in her mouth. If the world had one teensy fraction of the joy that she has at ANY given moment of her life…