10. I have to work tomorrow…at 8:30am…and it’s 4am right now.
9. My eating schedule is thrown off when it’s been seven hours since the half a container of sherbert that I ate for dessert (after some cucumber dill hummus and whole wheat pita bread accompanied by some wonderful Amish smoked cheddar).
8. Everything is worse at 4am.
7. Everything is never-ending, in addition to being worse, at 4am.
6. My alarm clock will be going off in 2.5 hours.
5. The alarm on the television in my bedroom will be going off in 2.25 hours.
4. The fuzzy alarm clocks with feet will be whining, mewling, and generally being fussy in about 3 hours.
3. I am more alone than anyone on the earth…at 4am. By six I’ll be back with all the other slobs that have to work for a living.
2. It seems like my divorce will never happen and I will never be free…at 4am.
And the number one reason why insomnia sucks:
1. There are only so many times I can call in sick based on only getting a few hours of sleep before they recommend therapy…yay working for DMH!
If anyone knows where the “off” switch is for my brain, could you let me know? I lost the manual years ago and it’s been a whirlygig up there ever since. I’m amazed that I can sleep at all.
2 thoughts on “Top 10 Reasons Why Insomnia Sucks”
With all the stress you are going through, it might not be a bad idea to discuss it with your doctor and perhaps check into a mild antidepressant or anti-anxiety medication, just for a short period of time.At the very least, it will help you to have more restful sleep.
Yeah, I\’ve thought of that…but part of the reason the insomnia continues is that I\’m too stubborn to take what a counselor friend/co-worker suggested…plain old Tylenol PM. Our clients who might have addiction tendencies are \”prescribed\” that because it is mild yet works pretty well…so last night I gave in and took some and sure enough…zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzYou know me, I won\’t even take excedrin until my migraine is blinding me…I just need to get over myself and accept that sometimes better living through chemicals is okay. 🙂