Another Whirlwind Weekend

I keep wondering when my life is going to slow down and I can relax…but I’m coming to the realization that life doesn’t slow down, not ever. You have to decide if you’re going to hang on for dear life like my “nephew” Drew clinging, white knuckled, to the pole on the carousel horse…or just hop off and hope you land on something soft to rest for awhile.

I again ventured into the murky depths of the basement of the Anderson house on Saturday to take things to the storage building on my Dad’s property in Georgia. Some of the stuff in there was almost obliterated by the flooding we had 2 years ago…and because I was too lazy (and too afraid of the basement, let’s be honest here) to survey all of the damage some of it was still sitting where it had been when “the rains came down and the floods came up.”

Dad came up to help haul stuff in my aunt’s truck, so that helped somewhat. Had I been forced to drive the Hound-a (my new name for my Element…okay, so I’m the only one that thinks it’s funny?) packed to the ceiling with musty clothes and slightly moldy-in-places boxes I would have been on the short track to the ER. As it was, though, with the really nasty stuff riding in the back of my aunt’s truck, I only suffered from an allergy attack that Benadryl made quick work of when I got home. By the way, if you’re allergic to those kinds of things and you have them in your car don’t turn the heat on full blast on your way home, I don’t care HOW cold you are. By the time I got to Scott’s to pick up the dogs I could barely see my eyes were so runny and itchy. In fact, my nose is STILL stopped up to some extent now, three days later.

I also got some work done on Kalyne’s costume on Saturday. We got everything except the sleeves cut out and all that needed to be fused to interfacing was so fused. She’s coming down this weekend so I can put it together and fit it on her rather than sewing and crossing my fingers that it works at the last minute.

Sunday was a blur…the dogs actually let me sleep a little late which was good…see, I took Claritin and Benadryl before I went to bed, so I was physically unable to get out of the bed before I’d slept the required 8 hours in a coma that Benadryl forces on me. At least it wasn’t as bad as the night last week where they woke me up to go out at about 3am, I let them out, opened the curtain so I could see them, and crawled back in the bed “just for a second while they are outside.” I woke up at 4:30 to Hunk frantically whining to come in. Bad bad bad Mommy.

Knuckleheads. I love them…they’ve kept my mind off the fact that I lost my best friend a week ago Saturday, my Zooey Boy. I guess now that it’s Monday it’s time to get off the soft thing I landed on yesterday and merge back into life at full speed, eh?

1 thought on “Another Whirlwind Weekend”

  1. I know. I keep wishing life would slow down.Of course, the 2 days I get to rest, and I get an allergy attack.X_XCan\’t wait to see you. 🙂

Leave a Reply